This is an easy and economical way to make turkey in your crock pot.
You house will smell terrific from cooking this all day.
1 bone-in turkey breast (approx. 6-7 lbs)
1 cup diced carrot (optional)
2 cups of diced celery
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 cup onion
1/4 cup of chicken broth
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix (or see substitute below)
2 Tablespoons of butter (melted)
Rosemary, Sage and Thyme
(1) Add the diced carrot, celery, garlic, onion and broth to the crock pot and stir.
(2) Rinse the turkey breast. Rub onion soup mix all over outside of the turkey and under the skin. Place in a slow cooker.
(3) Melt your 2 tablespoons of butter and pour it over the turkey
(4) sprinkle the top of the turkey with rosemary, sage and thyme
(5) Cover and cook on high for 1 hour and then Low for an additional 6 to 7 hours (depending on the size of the bird). For safety, the inside of the turkey breast should be 165 degrees or higher when done.
The vegetables can be removed with a slotted spoon and served as a side dish (they are delicious).
The leftovers are perfect for low carb sandwiches, soups and quiches
**Lipton Onion Soup Mix has 16 grams of Carbohydrates per package. You can make a lower carb version as shown here http://www.lowcarbcrock.com/2011/10/low-carb-onion-soup-mix-substitute/
“LIKE” our FACEBOOK page to get new recipes and additional tips at http://www.facebook.com/lowcarbcrock
Follow me on PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/christinecooks/
Copyright 2013 lowcarbcrock You may repost this recipe and its directions only if it is accompanied by a direct link back to the article on my site. You must be given my express permission for any other use. You can contact me at email@example.com