The first time I made this I went to make my usual slow cooker turkey breast with lots of chopped veggies etc., but I found I didn’t have most of the ingredients I usually used. Pretty much all I had was onion, beef stock and spices, so I just threw it in as is.
WOW – that made the most amazing moist and tasty turkey breast. The combo of the beef stock and onion gave the turkey amazing flavor! Now I use this recipe whenever I need to throw in a quick dinner. It takes about 5 minutes to put together in the slow cooker.
I make this in my 7 quart slow cooker
Extra virgin olive oil
(1) Add the onion to the bottom of the slow cooker
(2) Rinse the turkey breast inside and out and place in a slow cooker on top of the onion.
(3) Add the Beef Broth
(4) Drizzle your turkey with olive oil
(4) Sprinkle the top of the turkey with rosemary, sage, thyme, thyme and plenty of minced garlic
(5) Cover and cook on high for 1 hour and then low for an additional 5 to 6 hours (depending on the size of the bird). For safety, the inside of the turkey breast should be 165 degrees or higher when done.
“LIKE” our FACEBOOK page to get new recipes and additional tips at http://www.facebook.com/lowcarbcrock
Follow me on PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/christinecooks/
Copyright 2012 lowcarbcrock You may repost this recipe and its directions only if it is accompanied by a direct link back to the article on my site. You must be given my express permission for any other use. You can contact me at email@example.com