This is a veggie dish I LOVE… I always order the garlic spinach at Carrabbas and this is similar in taste to that dish. I make it extra yummy by topping it with parmesan cheese. I personally can eat the entire serving of this itself as a meal. It is that satisfying.
The cook time for this dish is a quick 4 minutes.
Makes 2 Servings
9 or so cloves of roasted garlic* (easy recipe below)
1/4 cup of olive oil
10 oz. container of fresh baby spinach*
Salt and Pepper
Juice from 1/2 of a small fresh lemon
(1) Warm the oil and garlic over medium high heat. Smash the roasted garlic cloves into the oil with a fork while it is warming.
(2) Add the tub of spinach. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
(3) Saute and stir for approximately 3 minutes
(4) Stir in the lemon juice and cook another minute or until the spinach is cooked to your liking.
(5) Plate the spinach and top with good quality parmesan cheese.
When garlic is roasted it takes on a buttery flavor that is much more mild then raw garlic. I love using roasted garlic in my dressings, dips and cooking. I will roast several bulbs at a time and keep them on hand for cooking. It is easy to do and adds a nice extra layer of flavor.
You could also make this dish with raw garlic, but would greatly reduce the amount of garlic used as it would be much more pungent.
*You can make this with a 16 oz. container of spinach as well. Just increase the amount of roasted garlic a few more cloves.
Carb Count – As written, this works out to approximately 5 net grams of carbs per serving.
“LIKE” our FACEBOOK page to get new recipes and additional tips at http://www.facebook.com/lowcarbcrock
Follow me on PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/christinecooks/
Copyright 2012 lowcarbcrock.com You may repost this recipe and its directions only if it is accompanied by a direct link back to the article on my site. You must be given my express permission for any other use. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org