Making your own low carb breadcrumbs is easy. You can use these in any recipe where you would normally use regular breadcrumbs.
These low carb breadcrumbs have approximately 1.5 g. of net carbs per tablespoon.
Low Carb Tortillas (or other low carb bread)
I use the Mission Carb Balance Tortillas which contain 6 g. net carbs per tortilla.
4 tortillas make about 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
(1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the tortillas directly on your oven rack.
(2) Toast the tortillas until crispy and just lightly browned (approx. 7 minutes). I flip mine half way through cooking.
(3) Let the tortillas cool at room temperature. Break into small pieces and run through a food processor until it is bread crumb consistency. I use my Cuisinart Mini Prep. I like it because it is small and easy to clean and store. It has completely replaced my large food processor.
(1) You can use the breadcrumbs as is or flavor them with salt, pepper, dried parsley, additional seasonings or parmesan cheese.
(2) You can keep the breadcrumbs for future use by placing them in a freezer bag and storing them in your freezer.
How To Make Low Carb Breadcrumbs
Copyright 2013 lowcarbcrock.com This is an original recipe. You may repost this recipe only by a direct link back to the article on my site. You must be given my express permission for any other use. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org