A while back, one of my facebook fans (Nicole) was kind enough to give me a recipe for a no bake low carb cheesecake. I made a few modifications to it and tried it out and it was delicious!
9 inch spring form pan (recommended, but not required)
1 cup almond meal (adds 12 g. net carbs)
2 tablespoons of melted salted butter
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla extract (adds approx. 2 g. net carbs)
(3) 8 oz packages of softened cream cheese (the brick type – adds 24 g. net carbs)
1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice (adds approx. 1.5 g. net carbs)
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract (adds approx. 2 g. net carbs)
1 cup Splenda (adds 24 g. net carbs) or Pure Stevia (in an amount to your tastes).
(1) Make the Crust: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Mix all of the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the spring form pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until a deep golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
(2) Make the Filling Part 1: Whip the cream and vanilla in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate the whipped cream.
(3) Make the Filling Part 2: In another large bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Slowly beat in the 1 cup of Splenda or pure Stevia in an amount to your tastes; scraping down the sides of the bowl to fully mix all the ingredients. Taste the filling and add additional sweetener as needed.
(4) Gently fold together the whipping cream and cream cheese mixture. Spread the mixture evenly over the cooled crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours until it sets; overnight is best.
The net carbs in the entire cheesecake made with Splenda is approximately 65.5 grams. If cut into 12 servings, each piece has approximately 5.5 g. net carbs per slice. This recipe is easily modifiable to meet your dietary needs.
The net carbs in the entire cheesecake made with Stevia is approximately 41.5 grams. If cut into 12 servings, each piece has approximately 3.5 g. of net carbs per slice. I use pure stevia from my health food store. It has nothing in it but Stevia and no fillers.
This recipe is easily modifiable to meet your dietary needs.
(1) Chocolate Crust: add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder to the crust.
(2) Peanut Butter Cheesecake: add 1 cup of no sugar added creamy peanut butter to part 2 of the filling.
(3) Make the cheesecake without the crust: The crust was my favorite part of this recipe. However, eliminating the crust would reduce the carb count to approximately 4.5 g. net carbs per slice if made with Splenda or 2.5 g. net carbs per slice if made with Stevia.
(4) Top it with additional whipped cream and a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup (as shown above).
Join us for some great low carb discussion!
“LIKE” my FACEBOOK page at http://www.facebook.com/lowcarbcrock
Follow me on PINTEREST http://pinterest.com/christinecooks/
Copyright 2013 lowcarbcrock.com Do not copy. You may repost this recipe and its directions only by a direct link back to the article on my site. You must be given my express permission for any other use. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org